2011-12-17

There they are!


There it is, the complete batallion eventually varnished and based! Note there is no flag (yet). Beside the fact that it took me ages to get new rechargeable batteries for the camera, there were some late twists in the project.


You may notice that the drummer is now wearing the imperial livery (green), and that cockades are now pre-1815. This 1815 project has become a 1813-1814 project...!! The flag base will cary the 1812-pattern banner, and if one day I wish to play a 1815 game, I can always do a 1815-flag base.

Enough with details, this project is now over... time to plan the next! I'll run two projects in parallel. A 2nd bataillon of light infantry, and the 1st squadron of the 4th hussard.



I hope this blog has given ideas to some of the readers, even though it hasn't been the most active. I may keep posting during my future projects, but don't expect a much higher pace: one battalion a year is my speed and I'm affraid the more I paint the less I want to give up on details!

Oh, and happy Winter holidays to all the visitors of the blog!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice painted figures, with very good details!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy holiday too! An a really lovely work in these figures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like them, I'll try to take a few more group pictures when there is some nice winter sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice miniatures. Looking forward to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great! Hopefully we'll get to see some more soon.

    ReplyDelete